2.03.2011

Yes to drugs

They say adrenaline is New Zealand's drug of choice, and kiwis constantly overdose.  Within a country roughly the size of California and a total population nearly half that of the Bay Area alone, exists 14 national parks, hundreds of nature reserves and over one third of it is protected conservation land.  The diverse geography covers everything from mountain ranges to sandy beaches, lush rain forests, boiling mud, glaciers, fiords and active volcanoes.  If there has been any resistance to peer pressure or sudden impulses, I suppose now is the time to throw caution to the wind and my body from a plane at 15,000 ft... don't worry family, this being done of course with the utmost level of responsibility... and travel insurance!


All that being said, I've had a relatively "sober" and tame start to my journey thus far.  I've been fortunate enough to get introduced to some awesome people who have spoiled me with their generosity and relieved me from many of the challenges generally associated with arriving to a new foreign country.  I was picked up from the airport, then given my own room which became my nest for the next couple weeks in Auckland.  It was the perfect base to have (conveniently located near the waterfront and downtown) while I explored the city, met up with other acquaintances, and got my game plan together.

No comments:

Post a Comment